Unfortunately we are now closed until further noticeFind out more
Why Our Pub is Great
The Flying Shuttle in Haverhill stands out from the herd. Named for John Kay’s pioneering invention that revolutionised weaving and looming, our pub boasts an eye-catching black and red exterior, and fabulous interior décor. Bring the indoors out by dining on the covered terrace. In this cleverly designed area you’ll find light wooden furniture, a contemporary fireplace, dramatic hanging lightshades, and plant boxes. On cooler days, come inside and share a meal in a modern setting with stylish vintage accents.
We are one of the best family pubs in the area. Children love exploring our inventive outdoor play area with its giant puzzles.
Need to know that the chicken you eat is responsibly sourced? We insist upon the Red Tractor quality mark. Every chicken in our rotisserie is farm assured. Relax and savour the combination of moist meat and crispy skin that only slow cooking in a rotisserie can achieve.
We offer a range of main meals and desserts to appeal to a wide variety of tastes.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
Proper, authentic pub food is what we do. Think delicious plates of comforting, traditional favourites, with delightfully modern twists. Steaks and grills are the stars of our menu. Moreish sharers, nibbles and salads are ideal if you want a quick bite, or if you want something a little different try one of our daily specials. We promise to always make you feel welcome, whether you're having a beer and nibbles in the bar, or enjoying a more leisurely meal in the dining area.View our Menus
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback.
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.